Product Pathways - Translational Control
hnRNP E1 Antibody #8534
|8534S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8534||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
hnRNP E1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total hnRNP E1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys237 of human hnRNP E1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
hnRNP E1 is a member of the hnRNP family of proteins that are involved in pre-mRNA processing and mRNA export, localization, stability, and translation (1-6). hnRNP E1 exerts a wide range of biological functions, such as transcriptional activation of mouse MOR gene expression (7), attenuation of alternative splicing of GHR pseudoexon expression (8), stabilization of collagen I and II (9), beta-globin (10), and androgen receptor (11) mRNAs, and regulation of translation of various genes including Dab2, ILEI, and Bag-1 (12,13). hnRNP E1 is ubiquitously expressed. Phosphorylation of hnRNP E1 affects its RNA binding affinity (13,14).
- Cáceres, J.F. et al. (1994) Science 265, 1706-9.
- Gallouzi, I.E. and Steitz, J.A. (2001) Science 294, 1895-901.
- Carson, J.H. et al. (2001) Results Probl Cell Differ 34, 69-81.
- Xu, K. et al. (2001) J Immunol 166, 6358-66.
- Habelhah, H. et al. (2001) Nat Cell Biol 3, 325-30.
- Dreyfuss, G. et al. (2002) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3, 195-205.
- Kim, S.S. et al. (2005) Mol Pharmacol 68, 729-36.
- Akker, S.A. et al. (2007) Mol Endocrinol 21, 2529-40.
- Thiele, B.J. et al. (2004) Circ Res 95, 1058-66.
- Yu, J. and Russell, J.E. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 5879-88.
- Yeap, B.B. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 27183-92.
- Pickering, B.M. et al. (2003) Nucleic Acids Res 31, 639-46.
- Chaudhury, A. et al. (2010) Nat Cell Biol 12, 286-93.
- Leffers, H. et al. (1995) Eur J Biochem 230, 447-53.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9304 hnRNP A2/B1 (2A2) Mouse mAb
- 8443 hnRNP A1 (D21H11) Rabbit mAb
- 4296 hnRNP A1 (K350) Antibody
- 5380 hnRNP A1 (R196) Antibody
- 8588 hnRNP Q/R (D18B2) Rabbit mAb
- 5351 hnRNP Q/R Antibody
- 5545 hnRNP A0 (D8A3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5600 hnRNP A0 (D26A2) Rabbit mAb
- 4046 hnRNP A0 Antibody
- 4783 hnRNP LL Antibody
- 4699 hnRNP K (A222) Antibody
- 4675 hnRNP K (R332) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.