Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Phospho-IP3 Receptor (Ser1756) (D10E3) Rabbit mAb #8548
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||320||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-IP3 Receptor (Ser1756) (D10E3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of IP3 receptor only when phosphorylated at Ser1756.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser1764 of human IP3 receptor protein. This site is equivalent to Ser1756 in the rat IP3 receptor sequence.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse and rat brain using Phospho-IP3 Receptor (Ser1756) (D10E3) Rabbit mAb. The phospho-specificity of the antibody was verified by preincubating the antibody with no peptide, with IP3 receptor (Ser1756) phosphopeptide, or with IP3 receptor (Ser1756) non-phosphopeptide prior to incubating the membrane.
Inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate receptor, also known as IP3R or InsP3R, is a member of the intracellular calcium release channel family and is located in the endoplasmic reticulum. IP3R functions as a Ca2+ release channel for intracellular stores of calcium ions. There are three types of IP3 receptors (IP3R1, 2, and 3) that require the second messenger inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate (IP3) for activation (1). Four individual subunits homo- or hetero-oligomerize to form the receptor's functional channel (2). Phosphorylation of IP3R1 at Ser1756 by cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase A (PKA) regulates the sensitivity of IP3R1 to IP3 and may be a mode of regulation for Ca2+ release (3,4). IP3R1-mediated Ca2+ release appears to have an effect on the induction of long term depression (LTD) in Purkinje cells (5).
- Joseph, S.K. (1996) Cell Signal 8, 1-7.
- Galvan, D.L. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 29483-92.
- Haug, L.S. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 7467-73.
- DeSouza, N. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 39397-400.
- Inoue, T. et al. (1998) J Neurosci 18, 5366-73.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8568 IP3 Receptor 1 (D53A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2891 Calreticulin Antibody
- 2821 Phospho-PLCγ1 (Tyr783) Antibody
- 2822 PLCγ1 Antibody
- 3872 PLCγ2 Antibody
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 4436 CaMKII (pan) (D11A10) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.