Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
MacroH2A1 Antibody #8551
|8551S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8551||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Bovine, Guinea Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MacroH2A1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total MacroH2A1 protein, both isoform 1 (macroH2A1.1) and isoform 2 (macroH2A1.2). This antibody does not cross-react with MacroH2A2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val257 of human MacroH2A1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of lysates from 293 cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human MacroH2A1.1 (hMacroH2A1.1-Myc/DDK; +), Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human MacroH2A1.2 (hMacroH2A1.2-Myc/DDK; +), or Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human MacroH2A2 (hMacroH2A2-Myc/DDK; +), using MacroH2A1 Antibody (upper) or DYKDDDDK Tag (9A3) Mouse mAb #8146 (lower).
Histone macroH2A1 and macroH2A2 comprise a family of variant histone H2A proteins. MacroH2A1 exists as two distinct isoforms due to alternative splicing of a single gene; macroH2A1.1 levels accumulate throughout differentiation and development while macroH2A1.2 shows a constant level of expression (1). MacroH2A1 and macroH2A2 are encoded by completely distinct genes located on separate chromosomes (2,3). Both macroH2A1 and macroH2A2 proteins contain an amino-terminal histone-like region with 64% sequence identity to canonical histone H2A, in addition to a carboxy-terminal “macro” domain (1-3). MacroH2A1 and macroH2A2 are enriched in facultative heterochromatin, including inactivated X chromosomes in mammalian females and senescence-associated heterochromatin foci (2-5). Both act to repress gene transcription by inhibiting the binding of transcription factors to chromatin, the acetylation of histones by p300, and the chromatin-remodeling activities of SWI/SNF and ACF (6,7). The macro domain of macroH2A1.1 binds to ADP-ribose and functions to recruit macroH2A1.1 to activated PARP at sites of DNA damage, where it mediates chromatin rearrangements to locally regulate the DNA damage response (8). MacroH2A1.2 and macroH2A2 do not bind poly-ADP-ribose and are not recruited to sites of activated PARP (8).
- Pehrson, J.R. et al. (1997) J Cell Biochem 65, 107-13.
- Chadwick, B.P. and Willard, H.F. (2001) Hum Mol Genet 10, 1101-13.
- Costanzi, C. and Pehrson, J.R. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 21776-84.
- Costanzi, C. and Pehrson, J.R. (1998) Nature 393, 599-601.
- Zhang, R. et al. (2005) Dev Cell 8, 19-30.
- Angelov, D. et al. (2003) Mol Cell 11, 1033-41.
- Doyen, C.M. et al. (2006) Mol Cell Biol 26, 1156-64.
- Timinszky, G. et al. (2009) Nat Struct Mol Biol 16, 923-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4160 MacroH2A1.1 Antibody
- 4827 MacroH2A1.2 Antibody
- 2718 Histone H2A.Z Antibody
- 9718 Phospho-Histone H2A.X (Ser139) (20E3) Rabbit mAb
- 2595 Histone H2A.X Antibody
- 3636 Histone H2A (L88A6) Mouse mAb
- 9532 PARP (46D11) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.