Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
TPX2 Antibody #8559
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TPX2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total TPX2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys420 of human TPX2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Ras family small GTPase Ran is involved in nuclear envelope formation, assembly of the mitotic spindle, and nuclear transport (1,2). TPX2, a target of active Ran (RanGTP), is a microtubule nucleating protein. TPX2 is inactive when bound to nuclear importin-alpha. RanGTP activity disrupts this interaction, relieving inhibition of TPX2 (3). TPX2 binding activates Aurora A kinase and promotes its localization to the mitotic spindle (4,5). DNA damage in mitosis leads to loss of interaction between Aurora A and TPX2 and inactivation of Aurora A kinase (6). TPX2 is highly expressed in pancreatic cancer cells, and knockdown of TPX2 expression in these cells is associated with increased sensitivity to paclitaxel (7).
- Quimby, B.B. and Dasso, M. (2003) Curr Opin Cell Biol 15, 338-44.
- Hetzer, M. et al. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, E177-84.
- Gruss, O.J. and Vernos, I. (2004) J Cell Biol 166, 949-55.
- Kufer, T.A. et al. (2002) J Cell Biol 158, 617-23.
- Bayliss, R. et al. (2004) Cell Cycle 3, 404-7.
- Bhatia, P. et al. (2010) Cell Cycle 9, 4592-9.
- Warner, S.L. et al. (2009) Clin Cancer Res 15, 6519-28.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4462 Ran Antibody
- 4718 Aurora A/AIK (1G4) Rabbit mAb
- 3079 Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288) (C39D8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.