Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Rad17 (D3G6) Rabbit mAb #8561
|W||H M R||Endogenous||80||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rad17 (D3G6) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Rad17 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human Rad17 protein.
The human checkpoint protein Rad17 and its fission and budding yeast orthologues (Schizosaccharomyces pombe Rad17 and Saccharomyces cerevisiae Rad24, respectively) are involved in the activation of checkpoint signals in response to DNA damage or disruption of DNA synthesis (1-4). Treatment of human cells with genotoxic agents induces ATM/ATR-dependent phosphorylation of Rad17 at Ser635 and Ser645. Rad17 phosphorylation is a critical early event during checkpoint signaling in DNA-damaged cells (5-7).
- Griffiths, D. J. et al. (1995) EMBO J. 14, 5812-5823.
- Li, L. et al. (1999) Oncogene 18, 1689-1699.
- Bao, S. et al. (1998) Cell Growth Differ. 9, 961-967.
- von Deimling, F. et al. (1999) Hum. Genet. 105, 17-27.
- Bao, S. et al. (2001) Nature 411, 969-973.
- Post, S. et al. (2001) PNAS 98, 13102-13107.
- Wang, X. et al. (2001) Cancer Research 61, 7417-7421.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5883 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (D6H9) Rabbit mAb
- 2873 ATM (D2E2) Rabbit mAb
- 2853 Phospho-ATR (Ser428) Antibody
- 2790 ATR Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.