Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
MYPT1 (D6C1) Rabbit mAb #8574
|W IP IF-IC||H Mk Dg||Endogenous||140||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MYPT1 (D6C1) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total MYPT1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human MYPT1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using MYPT1 (D6C1) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of MYPT1 from HeLa cell extracts using MYPT1 (D6C1) Rabbit mAb (lane 2). Western blot was performed using the same antibody. Lane 1 is 10% input.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of Hep G2 cells using MYPT1 (D6C1) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Protein phosphatase 1 (PP1) is a ubiquitous eukaryotic protein serine/threonine phosphatase involved in the regulation of various cell functions. Substrate specificity is determined by the binding of a regulatory subunit to the PP1 catalytic subunit (PP1c). It is estimated that over fifty different regulatory subunits exist (1).The myosin phosphatase holoenzyme is composed of three subunits: PP1c, a targeting/regulatory subunit (MYPT/myosin-binding subunit of myosin phosphatase), and a 20 kDa subunit of unknown function (M20). MYPT binding to PP1cδ alters the conformation of the catalytic cleft and increases enzyme activity and specificity (2). Two MYPT isoforms that are 61% identical have been described. MYPT1 is widely expressed, while MYPT2 expression appears to be exclusive to heart and brain (3). Related family members include MBS85, MYPT3, and TIMAP (4).Myosin phosphatase regulates the interaction of actin and myosin in response to signaling through the small GTPase Rho. Rho activity inhibits myosin phosphatase via Rho-associated kinase (ROCK). Phosphorylation of MYPT1 at Thr696 and Thr853 results in phosphatase inhibition and cytoskeletal reorganization (5,6).
- Cohen, P.T. (2002) J Cell Sci 115, 241-56.
- Terrak, M. et al. (2004) Nature 429, 780-4.
- Fujioka, M. et al. (1998) Genomics 49, 59-68.
- Ito, M. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biochem 259, 197-209.
- Birukova, A.A. et al. (2004) Microvasc Res 67, 64-77.
- Birukova, A.A. et al. (2004) J Cell Physiol 201, 55-70.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5143 MYPT1 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 3048 Phospho-MYPT1 (Ser668) Antibody
- 4563 Phospho-MYPT1 (Thr853) Antibody
- 5163 Phospho-MYPT1 (Thr696) Antibody
- 3040 Phospho-MYPT1 (Ser507) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.