Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
GOPC (D10A12) Rabbit mAb #8576
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GOPC (D10A12) Rabbit mAb detects endogeneous levels of total GOPC protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Phe31 of human GOPC protein.
GOPC (FIG) was originally identified as a Golgi-associated, PDZ domain containing protein. It has two coiled-coil domains (CC1 and CC2) located in the amino-terminal region and a PDZ domain in the carboxy-terminal region (1). The CC2 domain and its adjacent linker region mediate the association of GOPC with the golgi protein golgin-160 and the Q-SNARE protein syntaxin 6 (1,2). The PDZ domain of GOPC interacts with the carboxy terminus of target proteins to mediate target protein vesicular trafficking and surface expression (3-6). Fusion of the corresponding GOPC gene with the ROS tyrosine kinase oncogene has been detected in some glioblastomas. The resulting GOPC-ROS fusion protein is targeted to the golgi apparatus where a constitutively activate ROS tyrosine kinase can mediate tumor formation (7,8).
- Charest, A. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 29456-65.
- Hicks, S.W. and Machamer, C.E. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 28944-51.
- Cheng, J. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 3520-9.
- He, J. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 50190-6.
- Wente, W. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 32419-25.
- Ito, H. et al. (2006) Biochem J 397, 389-98.
- Charest, A. et al. (2003) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 100, 916-21.
- Charest, A. et al. (2006) Cancer Res 66, 7473-81.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3266 ROS1 (69D6) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.