Product Pathways - Metabolism
Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase 2 (D5B9) Rabbit mAb #8578
|8578S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8578||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase 2 (D5B9) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total acetyl-CoA carboxylase 2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val1416 of human acetyl-CoA carboxylase 2 protein.
Acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC) catalyzes the carboxylation of acetyl-CoA to malonyl-CoA (1). It is the key enzyme in the biosynthesis and oxidation of fatty acids (1). In rodents, the 265 kDa ACC1 (ACCα) form is primarily expressed in lipogenic tissues, while 280 kDa ACC2 (ACCβ) is the main isoform in oxidative tissues (1,2). However, in humans, ACC2 is the predominant isoform in both lipogenic and oxidative tissues (1,2). Phosphorylation by AMPK at Ser79 or by PKA at Ser1200 inhibits the enzymatic activity of ACC (3). ACC is a potential target of anti-obesity drugs (4,5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4190 Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase 1 Antibody
- 3676 Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (C83B10) Rabbit mAb
- 3662 Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase Antibody
- 3661 Phospho-Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (Ser79) Antibody
- 4188 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (D79.5E) Rabbit mAb
- 2535 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (40H9) Rabbit mAb
- 2531 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) Antibody
- 2532 AMPKα Antibody
- 9957 AMPK and ACC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9944 AICAR
- 9996 Oligomycin
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.