Product Pathways - Apoptosis
APR3 Antibody #8581
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
APR3 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total APR3 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro29 of human APR3 protein (isoform a). Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HL-60 cells, untreated or treated with retinoic acid for the indicated times (RA; 1 μM), using APR3 Antibody.
Apoptosis related protein 3 (APR3), also known as C2orf28, is a membrane protein identified in HL-60 cells treated with all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA) and was later found to be induced by ATRA in other sensitive cell lines (1,2). APR3 is also up-regulated by NFAT and NF-κB activities (3). Regulation of APR3 by ATRA suggests a role in cell differentiation, but the mechanism of action is still unclear. Overexpression of APR3 can inhibit proliferation by inducing G1/S cell cycle arrest and decreasing expression of cyclin D1 (2). APR3 has also been shown to interact with NELL-1 to regulate osteoblast differentiation (4).
- Zhu, F. et al. (2000) Biotechniques 29, 310-3.
- Yu, F. et al. (2007) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 358, 1041-6.
- Yang, G. et al. (2007) Mol Cell Biochem 302, 187-94.
- Zou, X. et al. (2011) FEBS Lett 585, 2410-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.