Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Dab2 Antibody #8582
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Dab2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Dab2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro222 of human Dab2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Dab2 (disabled homologue 2) is a mitogen responsive phosphoprotein. It exerts multiple functions through association with numerous proteins. Dab2 modulates various signaling pathways through interactions with proteins such as Smads and TGF-β receptors (1,2), axin (3), GRB (4), and Src (5). Dab2 also serves as a cargo-specific adaptor of clathrin-mediated endocytosis via interaction with clathrin (6), AP2 (7), NPXY-containing cargo (8-10), and Myosin VI (11,12). In addition, Dab2 regulates cell adhesion by directly binding integrins (13,14). The diverse functions of Dab2 enable it to coordinate cell adhesion, cell motility, membrane trafficking, and signaling. Dab2 is down-regulated in a number of cancers, thereby implicating its role as a tumor suppressor (15-17). Phosphorylation of Dab2 decreases its endocytotic function (18).
- Hocevar, B.A. et al. (2001) EMBO J 20, 2789-801.
- Hocevar, B.A. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 25920-7.
- Hocevar, B.A. et al. (2003) EMBO J 22, 3084-94.
- Xu, X.X. et al. (1998) Oncogene 16, 1561-9.
- Zhou, J. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 6936-41.
- Mishra, S.K. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 4915-26.
- Morris, S.M. and Cooper, J.A. (2001) Traffic 2, 111-23.
- Keyel, P.A. et al. (2006) Mol Biol Cell 17, 4300-17.
- Maurer, M.E. and Cooper, J.A. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 4235-46.
- Maurer, M.E. and Cooper, J.A. (2005) J Cell Sci 118, 5345-55.
- Morris, S.M. et al. (2002) Traffic 3, 331-41.
- Hasson, T. (2003) J Cell Sci 116, 3453-61.
- Huang, C.L. et al. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 4420-30.
- Teckchandani, A. et al. (2009) J Cell Biol 186, 99-111.
- Mok, S.C. et al. (1998) Oncogene 16, 2381-7.
- Anupam, K. et al. (2006) World J Gastroenterol 12, 6041-5.
- Bagadi, S.A. et al. (2007) Breast Cancer Res Treat 104, 277-86.
- Chetrit, D. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 5392-403.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3325 Phospho-Dab1 (Tyr232) Antibody
- 3327 Phospho-Dab1 (Tyr220) Antibody
- 3328 Dab1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.