Product Pathways - Neuroscience
APBA2 Antibody #8593
|W IP||M R (H)||Endogenous||135||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
APBA2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total APBA2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Phe300 of human APBA2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Amyloid β A4 precursor protein-binding family A member 2 (APBA2) is a neuronal adaptor protein that interacts with the amyloid β precursor protein (APP) (1). The amyloid β-protein (Aβ) is the principal component of amyloid plaques, a pathological hallmark of Alzheimer’s disease (2). APBA2 has been shown to stabilize APP metabolism and suppress the secretion of Aβ (3). APBA2 mediates interaction between APP and the neural type I membrane protein Alcadein (Alc) by linking their cytoplasmic domains, thereby forming a tripartite complex of the three proteins in neurons (4).
- Sakuma, M. et al. (2009) J Neurochem 109, 465-75.
- Saito, Y. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 35763-71.
- Araki, Y. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 49448-58.
- Sano, Y. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 37853-60.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2452 APP Antibody
- 2454 β-Amyloid Antibody
- 2450 APP/β-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.