Product Pathways - Stem Cell and Lineage Markers
Nanog Antibody (Mouse Specific) #8600
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Nanog Antibody (Mouse Specific) recognizes endogenous levels of total mouse nanog protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of mouse nanog protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Nanog is a homeodomain-containing transcription factor that is essential for the maintenance of pluripotency and self renewal in embryonic stem cells (1). Nanog expression is controlled by a network of factors including Sox2 and the key pluripotency regulator Oct-4 (1). Recent advances in somatic cell reprogramming have utilized viral expression of combinations of transcription factors including nanog, Oct-4, Sox2, KLF4, c-Myc, and LIN28 (2,3).
- Kim, J. et al. (2008) Cell 132, 1049-61.
- Takahashi, K. et al. (2007) Nat Protoc 2, 3081-9.
- Yu, J. et al. (2007) Science 318, 1917-20.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3579 Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4903 Nanog (D73G4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2840 Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.