Product Pathways - Neuroscience
NHERF1 (D1C10) Rabbit mAb #8601
|8601S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8601||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
NHERF1 (D1C10) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total NHERF1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala140 of human NHERF1 protein.
Na+/H+ exchanger regulatory factor (NHERF1 or EBP-50) is one of several related PDZ domain-containing proteins (1). NHERF1 was first identified as a necessary cofactor for cyclic AMP-associated inhibition of Na+/ H+ exchanger isoform 3 (NHE3) (2). NHERF1 is a multifunctional adaptor protein that interacts with receptors and ion transporters via its PDZ domains, and with the ERM family of proteins, including merlin, via its carboxy-terminus (2,3). NHERF1 may play an important role in breast cancer. Estrogen has been found to induce NHERF1 in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer cells (2,3). Furthermore, NHERF1 has been shown to bind to PDGFR, which is activated in breast carcinomas. NHERF1 has been found to promote the formation of a ternary complex containing PTEN, NHERF1, and PDGFR. Therefore, NHERF1 may function to recruit PTEN to PDGFR to inhibit the activation of PI3K/Akt signaling in normal cells; this mechanism may be disrupted in cancer (4). NHERF1 also binds to the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR), which functions as an ion channel and has disease-causing mutations in cystic fibrosis (5). Other proposed functions of NHERF1 include testicular differentiation, endosomal recycling, membrane targeting, protein sorting, and trafficking (6).
- Donowitz, M. et al. (2005) J Physiol 567, 3-11.
- Voltz, J.W. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 6309-14.
- Stemmer-Rachamimov, A.O. et al. (2001) Am J Pathol 158, 57-62.
- Takahashi, Y. et al. (2006) EMBO J 25, 910-20.
- Wheeler, D. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 25076-87.
- Weinman, E.J. et al. (2000) Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 279, F393-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 3394 NHERF1 (A310) Antibody
- 3382 NHERF1 (A140) Antibody
- 3149 Phospho-Ezrin (Thr567)/Radixin (Thr564)/Moesin (Thr558) (41A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3570 CD44 (156-3C11) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.