Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
SINTBAD (D1A5) Rabbit mAb #8605
|W IP||H M R (Mk) (B)||Endogenous||78-80||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SINTBAD (D1D5) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SINTBAD protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu55 of human SINTBAD protein.
SINTBAD, identified based on homology to NAP1, is an adaptor protein for TBK1 and IKKε, two related kinases that play a pivotal role in innate immune response (1). These kinases trigger the phosphorylation and subsequent activation of the transcription factor IRF-3, resulting in gene regulation required for immune responses (2). The precise mechanism by which SINTBAD activates TBK1 and IKKε is still unclear. Expression of a central region of SINTBAD termed a TBD (TBK binding domain) can function as a dominant negative protein and interfere with IRF-3 activation. SINTBAD and NAP1 can also bind to NDP52, a protein that associates with poly-ubiquitinated proteins, such as those produced on the surfaces of bacteria, and can trigger autophagy (3).
- Ryzhakov, G. and Randow, F. (2007) EMBO J 26, 3180-90.
- Fitzgerald, K.A. et al. (2003) Nat Immunol 4, 491-6.
- Thurston, T.L. et al. (2009) Nat Immunol 10, 1215-21.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.