Product Pathways - Metabolism
CA2 Antibody #8612
|8612S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8612||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
CA2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total CA2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys169 of human CA2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Carbonic anhydrases (CA) are a family of ancient zinc metalloenzymes found in almost all living organisms. All CA can be divided into 3 distinct classes (α, β, and γ) that evolved independently and have no significant homology in sequence and overall folding. All functional CA catalyze the reversible hydration of CO2 into HCO3- and H+ and contain a zinc atom in the active sites essential for catalysis. There are many isoforms of CA in mammals and they all belong to the α class (1,2).
CA2 is a cytosolic member of the α class. It is the most widely distributed isoform among the mammalian CAs (1). Defects in CA2 are associated with osteopetrosis and renal tubular acidosis (3-5). Elevated expression of CA2 is observed in patients with Alzheimer’s disease and the developing brains of Down syndrome patients (6,7). CA2 is also overexpressed in Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GISTs) and is considered a useful marker for diagnosis (8). Recently, CA2 was reported to facilitate transporter activity of the monocarboxylate transporter isoform 1 and 4 (MCT1/4) independent of its own catalytic activity (9,10)
- Smith, K.S. et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96, 15184-9.
- Tripp, B.C. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 48615-8.
- McMahon, C. et al. (2001) Blood 97, 1947-50.
- Borthwick, K.J. et al. (2003) J Med Genet 40, 115-21.
- Lai, L.W. et al. (1998) J Clin Invest 101, 1320-5.
- Palminiello, S. et al. (2008) Brain Res 1190, 193-205.
- Jang, B.G. et al. (2010) J Alzheimers Dis 21, 939-45.
- Parkkila, S. et al. (2010) Mod Pathol 23, 743-50.
- Becker, H.M. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 39882-9.
- Becker, H.M. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 108, 3071-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5648 CA9 (D10C10) Rabbit mAb
- 5649 CA9 (D47G3) Rabbit mAb
- 5864 CA12 (D75C6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5865 CA12 (D78E4) Rabbit mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.