Product Pathways - Metabolism
Transketolase Antibody #8616
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||68||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Transketolase Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total transketolase protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val296 of human transketolase protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Transketolase (TKT) is a homodimer in the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) that catalyzes the interketol transfer between ketoses and aldoses (1,2). This enzyme, along with transaldolase, connects the nonoxidative branch of the PPP with glycolysis (1-3). Several regions of TKT are evolutionarily conserved from gram-negative bacteria to mammals (3). There is evidence that hypoxic (4) and non-hypoxic induction of HIF1-α (5) increases the expression of TKT. Because cancer cells rely on TKT in altered cell metabolism for nucleic acid synthesis, work has been done to develop inhibitors of TKT as novel cancer treatments (5-8).
- Mitschke, L. et al. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 31559-70.
- Esakova, O.A. et al. (2005) Life Sci 78, 8-13.
- Schenk, G. et al. (1997) J Mol Evol 44, 552-72.
- Haseloff, R.F. et al. (2006) Proteomics 6, 1803-9.
- Zhao, F. et al. (2010) Oncogene 29, 2962-72.
- Thomas, A.A. et al. (2008) Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18, 2206-10.
- Thomas, A.A. et al. (2008) Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18, 509-12.
- Raïs, B. et al. (1999) FEBS Lett 456, 113-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 3827 Phospho-PKM2 (Tyr105) Antibody
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3106 PKM1/2 (C5E6) Rabbit mAb
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 5839 SDHA Antibody
- 6922 ACO2 Antibody
- 8866 Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 8071 Succinyl-CoA Synthetase (D8A11) Rabbit mAb
- 5557 Succinyl-CoA Synthetase Antibody
- 3886 Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3893 Glycogen Synthase Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.