Product Pathways - Nuclear Receptor Signaling
NRBF-2 (D8G1) Rabbit mAb #8633
|W IP||H M R Mk (Hm) (B) (Dg) (Hr)||Endogenous||40||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Dg=Dog Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NRBF-2 (D8G1) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total NRBF-2 protein. Based upon sequence alignment, this antibody is predicted to cross-react with NRBF-1/COPR1.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human NRBF-2 protein.
Nuclear Receptor Binding Factor-2 (NRBF-2), also referred to as Comodulator of PPAR and RXRα-2 (COPR-2), has been shown to interact with the AF-2 region of several nuclear hormone receptors with varying affinities such as PPARα, RARα, RARγ, and RXRα (1,2). NRBF-2 contains a LLYLL motif, which matches the LXXLL NR box consensus and is required for functional NRBF-2/nuclear receptor complex formation and repression of receptor function. NRBF-2 also contains a unique autonomous activation domain and, thus, does not completely abrogate nuclear receptor function, suggesting that NRBF-2 might serve as a molecular rheostat to fine-tune the transcriptional activity of liganded nuclear receptors (1,2).
- Yasumo, H. et al. (2000) Biochim Biophys Acta 1490, 189-97.
- Flores, A.M. et al. (2004) J Invest Dermatol 123, 1092-101.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8066 NRBF-2 Antibody
- 5948 NCoR1 Antibody
- 5388 RXRα Antibody
- 6448 SignalSilence® NRBF-2 siRNA I
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.