Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IκBβ (7B4) Mouse mAb #8635
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IκBβ (7B4) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total IκBβ protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to a carboxy terminal fragment of human IκBβ protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using IκBβ (7B4) Mouse mAb.
The NF-κB/Rel transcription factors are present in the cytosol in an inactive state complexed with the inhibitory IκB proteins (1-3). Activation occurs via phosphorylation of IκBα at Ser32 and Ser36 followed by proteasome-mediated degradation that results in the release and nuclear translocation of active NF-κB (3-7). IκBα phosphorylation and resulting Rel-dependent transcription are activated by a highly diverse group of extracellular signals including inflammatory cytokines, growth factors, and chemokines. Kinases that phosphorylate IκB at these activating sites have been identified (8).
The regulation of IκBβ and IκBε is similar to that of IκBα. However, the phosphorylation and ubiquitin-mediated degradation of these proteins occurs with much slower kinetics (9). IKK phosphorylation of IκBβ occurs at Ser19 and Ser23, while IκBε can be phosphorylated at Ser18 and Ser22 (10).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1988) Science 242, 540-6.
- Beg, A.A. and Baldwin, A.S. (1993) Genes Dev 7, 2064-70.
- Finco, T.S. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 11884-8.
- Brown, K. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1485-8.
- Brockman, J.A. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 2809-18.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Karin, M. and Ben-Neriah, Y. (2000) Annu Rev Immunol 18, 621-63.
- Hoffmann, A. et al. (2002) Science 298, 1241-5.
- Shirane, M. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 28169-74.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9248 IκBβ Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.