Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
LASP1 Antibody #8636
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LASP1 Antibody detects endogeneous levels of total LASP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala191 of human LASP1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
LASP1 is a cytoskeletal scaffold protein belonging to the LIM protein subfamily (1,2). LASP1 consists of an N-terminal LIM domain, followed by two nebulin repeats, and a C-terminal SH3 domain (1,3). The nebulin repeats interact with actin, while the SH3 domain interacts with palladin (4,5), suggesting LASP1 functions as an actin-binding protein, possibly in cytoskeletal organization. LASP1 has been shown to localize to focal adhesions, lamellipodia, and membrane ruffles (6-8) and might be involved in membrane migration. Overexpression of LASP1 has been associated with metastatic cancers, such as breast and ovarian cancer (2). In these cases, membrane, cytoplasmic, and nuclear localization of LASP1 in the tumor cell has been reported, suggesting LASP1 involvement in membrane and nuclear signaling (9,10).
- Tomasetto, C. et al. (1995) FEBS Lett 373, 245-9.
- Grunewald, T.G. and Butt, E. (2008) Mol Cancer 7, 31.
- Schreiber, V. et al. (1998) Mol Med 4, 675-87.
- Chew, C.S. et al. (2002) J Cell Sci 115, 4787-99.
- Rachlin, A.S. and Otey, C.A. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 995-1004.
- Chew, C.S. et al. (2000) J Cell Sci 113 ( Pt 11), 2035-45.
- Lin, Y.H. et al. (2004) J Cell Biol 165, 421-32.
- Grunewald, T.G. et al. (2007) Br J Cancer 96, 296-305.
- Frietsch, J.J. et al. (2010) Br J Cancer 102, 1645-53.
- Traenka, C. et al. (2010) Cancer Res 70, 8003-14.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.