Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
BATF (D7C5) Rabbit mAb #8638
|W IP IF-IC F||H M||Endogenous||15||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
BATF (D7C5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total BATF protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human BATF protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using BATF (D7C5) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct encoding full-length human BATF (hBATF; +), using BATF (D7C5) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa (blue) and KARPAS-299 (green) cells using BATF (D7C5) Rabbit mAb.
Basic leucine zipper transcriptional factor ATF-like (BATF) is a basic leucine zipper (bZIP) transcription factor and is part of the AP-1/ATF family that forms inhibitory dimers with members of the Jun family (1-3). Expression of BATF is largely restricted with highest levels found in mature T cells, and it is induced in B cells following immune responses including viral infection (1,2). BATF expression is also induced by IL-6 via a Stat3-dependent mechanism (4). BATF plays an important role in the differentiation of immune cell lineages (5-7). Studies of BATF-deficient mice have demonstrated a critical role for BATF in the formation of IL-17-expressing Th17 cells, in part, by regulating the expression of IL-17 (5,6). BATF knockouts are resistant to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EEA), consistent with the role of Th17 cells in this model for autoimmunity (5). Additional studies have found that BATF is important in generating antibody class switching. BATF is required for the generation of follicular helper T cells (Tfh), by regulating BCL6 and c-Maf (6,7). In B cells, BATF controls the expression of activation-induced cytidine deaminase (AID) and regulates class-switched antibody responses (7). Taken together, these studies suggest that BATF is a key regulator of distinct populations of immune cells.
- Dorsey, M.J. et al. (1995) Oncogene 11, 2255-65.
- Hasegawa, H. et al. (1996) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 222, 164-70.
- Echlin, D.R. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 1752-63.
- Senga, T. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 8186-91.
- Schraml, B.U. et al. (2009) Nature 460, 405-9.
- Betz, B.C. et al. (2010) J Exp Med 207, 933-42.
- Ise, W. et al. (2011) Nat Immunol 12, 536-43.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.