Product Pathways - Protein Stability
Ubiquitin Activation (E1, E2 Enzymes) Antibody Sampler Kit #8645
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Ubiquitin Antibody #3933||40 µl||W IHC-P||H M R Mk Dm (X) (Z) (B) (Pg) (Hr)||Rabbit|
|UBE1a Antibody #4890||40 µl||W IP IHC-P IF-IC F||H M R||117||Rabbit|
|UBC3 Antibody #4997||40 µl||W F||H M R||32||Rabbit|
|UbcH5C (D60E2) Rabbit mAb #4330||40 µl||W IP||H M R Mk||14||Rabbit IgG|
|UBE2L3 (D5G1) Rabbit mAb #8721||40 µl||W IP||H M R Mk (X) (Z) (B) (Dg) (Hr)||18||Rabbit IgG|
|UBE2N (D2A1) Rabbit mAb #6999||40 µl||W IP||H M R Mk (C) (X) (B) (Dg) (Hr)||17||Rabbit IgG|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey C=Chicken Dm=D. melanogaster X=Xenopus Z=Zebrafish B=Bovine Dg=Dog Pg=Pig Hr=Horse
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ubiquitin Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of ubiquitin, polyubiquitin, and ubiquitinated proteins. This antibody may cross-react with recombinant NEDD8. UBE1a Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total UBE1a protein. UBC3 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total UBC3 and UBC3B proteins. UbcH5C (D60E2) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total UbcH5C protein. UBE2L3 (D5G1) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total UBE2L3 protein. UBE2N (D2A1) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total UBE2N protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa and NIH/3T3 cells, untreated (-) or treated with the proteasome inhibitor MG132 (10 µM, 90 min; +), using Ubiquitin Antibody #3933.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using UbcH5C (D60E2) Rabbit mAb #4330.
Western blot analysis of extracts from K562 and SK-N-MC cells using UBE1a Antibody #4890.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat, CAD, and C6 cells using UBC3 Antibody #4997.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using UBE2N (D2A1) Rabbit mAb #6999.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using UBE2L3 (D5G1) Rabbit mAb #8721.
The Ubiquitin Activation (E1, E2 Enzymes) Antibody Sampler Kit provides an economical means to study ubiquitin activation and conjugation. This kit contains enough primary antibody to perform four western blots per primary.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino terminus of the human ubiquitin protein, the amino terminus of human UBE1 protein, or the sequence of human UBC3 protein. Polyclonal antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromotography.Monoclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp135 of human UbcH5C protein, residues surrounding Leu125 of human UBE2L3 protein, or residues near the carboxy terminus of human UBE2N protein.
Ubiquitin is a conserved polypeptide unit that plays an important role in the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. Ubiquitin can be covalently linked to many cellular proteins for degradation by the 26S proteasome. Three components are involved in the target protein-ubiquitin conjugation process. Ubiquitin is first activated by forming a thioester complex with the ubiquitin-activating enzyme (UBE1 or E1). The activated ubiquitin is subsequently transferred to the ubiqutin-carrier protein (conjugating enzyme) E2, and then from E2 to ubiqutin ligase E3 for final delivery to the epsilon-NH2 of the target protein lysine residue (1-3). The ubiquitin-proteasome pathway has been implicated in a wide range of normal biological processes and in disease-related abnormalities. Several proteins such as IκB, p53, cdc25a, and Bcl-2 have been shown to be targets for the ubiquitin-proteasome process as part of the regulation of cell cycle progression, differentiation, cell stress response, and apoptosis (4-7). UBC3, the mammalian ortholog of yeast cdc34, and UBC3B, a UBC3 family member, are E2 ubiquitin-carrier proteins. UBC3, in concert with SCF-Skp2 (Skp1, Cullin, F-box protein/Skp2) complex, mediates cell cycle progression from G1 to S phase by targeting the CDK inhibitor p27 for proteolysis (8). UBC3B, in concert with SCFb-Trcp (Skp1, Cullin and F-box protein/b-Trcp) complex, mediates degradation of β-catenin (9). UbcH5C is a universally expressed E2 ubiquitin conjugating enzyme and member of the UbcH5 family that also includes UbcH5A and UbcH5B (10). Evidence suggests that UbcH5 plays an important role in regulating a number of signaling pathways by catalyzing the ubiquitination of key target proteins, including p53, PCNA, the IκB kinase proein NEMO, and the apoptosis inhibitor BRUCE (11-14). UBE2L3, also commonly referred to as UBCH7, is a ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme that has been linked to the ubiquitination of numerous substrates via its interaction with protein-ubiquitin E3 ligases, such as NEDD4 (15), E6AP (16), Parkin (17), c-Cbl (18), and Triad1 (19,20). UBE2N/Ubc13 is a ubiquitin-E2-conjugating enzyme that catalyzes K63-linked polyubiquitin chain formation (21,22). UBE2N forms a heterodimer with MMS2 or Uev1A to exert its E2 ligase function. The UBE2N/MMS2 and UBE2N/Uev1A heterodimers catalyze different modes of target protein ubiquitination to mediate various signaling pathways (23-25) including DNA damage and recombination, p53 and check point control, cell cycle (26-30), immunoreceptor signaling (31,32), and endocytosis (33).
- Ciechanover, A. (1998) EMBO J 17, 7151-60.
- Hochstrasser, M. (2000) Nat Cell Biol 2, E153-7.
- Hochstrasser, M. (2000) Science 289, 563-4.
- Bernardi, R. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 2447-54.
- Aberle, H. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 3797-804.
- Salomoni, P. and Pandolfi, P.P. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, E152-3.
- Jesenberger, V. and Jentsch, S. (2002) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3, 112-21.
- Pagano, M. et al. (1995) Science 269, 682-5.
- Semplici, F. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 3978-87.
- Jensen, J.P. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 30408-14.
- Saville, M.K. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 42169-81.
- Zhang, S. et al. (2008) Cell Cycle 7, 3399-404.
- Tang, E.D. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 37297-305.
- Qiu, X.B. et al. (2004) EMBO J 23, 800-10.
- Anan, T. et al. (1998) Genes Cells 3, 751-63.
- Huang, L. et al. (1999) Science 286, 1321-6.
- Shimura, H. et al. (2001) Science 293, 263-9.
- Yokouchi, M. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 31707-12.
- Marteijn, J.A. et al. (2009) Leukemia 23, 1480-9.
- Marteijn, J.A. et al. (2005) Blood 106, 4114-23.
- Herrmann, J. et al. (2007) Circ Res 100, 1276-91.
- Wilkinson, K.D. et al. (2005) EMBO Rep 6, 815-20.
- Hofmann, R.M. and Pickart, C.M. (1999) Cell 96, 645-53.
- Deng, L. et al. (2000) Cell 103, 351-61.
- Andersen, P.L. et al. (2005) J Cell Biol 170, 745-55.
- Zhao, G.Y. et al. (2007) Mol Cell 25, 663-75.
- Kolas, N.K. et al. (2007) Science 318, 1637-40.
- Laine, A. et al. (2006) Mol Cell Biol 26, 8901-13.
- Huen, M.S. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 6104-12.
- Loring, G.L. et al. (2008) Cell Cycle 7, 96-105.
- Yamamoto, M. et al. (2006) Nat Immunol 7, 962-70.
- Yamamoto, M. et al. (2006) J Immunol 177, 7520-4.
- Duncan, L.M. et al. (2006) EMBO J 25, 1635-45.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 7722 Blue Loading Buffer Pack
- 7723 Red Loading Buffer Pack
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.