Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Axl (C89E7) Rabbit mAb #8661
|W IP IHC-P IF-IC F||H M Mk||Endogenous||138||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Axl (C89E7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Axl protein. The antibody does not cross-react with related proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant human fragment of the Axl protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Axl (C89E7) Rabbit mAb (upper) and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded breast carcinoma using Axl (C89E7) Rabbit mAb. Note staining of infiltrating cells.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded metastatic lung carcinoma using Axl (C89E7) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded cell pellets, NCI-H1299 (left) or Jurkat (right), using Axl (C89E7) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells (blue) and DU145 cells (green) using Axl (C89E7H4) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of DU 145 (left) and HCC827 (right) cells using Axl (C89E7) Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Axl, Sky, and Mer are three members of a receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK) family that share a conserved intracellular tyrosine kinase domain and an extracellular domain similar to those seen in cell adhesion molecules. These RTKs bind the vitamin K-dependent protein growth-arrest-specific 6 (Gas6), which is structurally related to the protein S anticoagulation factor (1). Upon binding to its receptor, Gas6 activates phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) and its downstream targets Akt and S6K, as well as NF-κB (2,3). A large body of evidence supports a role for Gas6/Axl signaling in cell growth and survival in normal and cancer cells (4).
- Crosier, K.E. and Crosier, P.S. (1997) Pathology 29, 131-135.
- Demarchi, F. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 31738-31744.
- Lee, W. P. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 329-336.
- Bellosta, P. et al. (1997) Oncogene 15, 2387-2397.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4939 Axl (C2B12) Rabbit mAb
- 4977 Axl Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4566 Axl (C44G1) Rabbit mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 5724 Phospho-Axl (Tyr702) (D12B2) Rabbit mAb
- 3269 Axl (L283) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.