Product Pathways - Protein Stability
Phospho-SGTA (Ser305) (D23E10) Rabbit mAb #8664
|W IP||H Mk||Endogenous||34||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-SGTA (Ser305) (D23E10) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of SGTA protein only when phosphorylated at Ser305.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser305 of human SGTA protein.
SGTA, small glutamine-rich tetratricopeptide repeat-containing protein A, is an ubiquitously expressed co-chaperone that binds directly to HSC70 and HSP70 and regulates their ATPase activity (1,2). SGTA is a 34 kDa protein that is rich in glutamine residues at its C terminus and contains three tandemly repeated TPR motifs (3). The TPR domain of SGTA shows sequence similarity to the TPR domains of Hop, CHIP, and TOM70 (4). The TPR domain of SGTA also interacts with HSP90 and was recently found to be a pro-apoptotic factor (5,6).
Phosphorylation of SGTA at Ser305 was identified at Cell Signaling Technology (CST) using PhosphoScan®, a CST™ LC-MS/MS platform for phosphorylation site discovery (7). Site-specific mutation analysis indicated that phosphorylation at Ser305 is essential for PDGFR α stabilization and PDGFR α-dependent cancer cell survival (7).
- Liu, F.H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 34425-32.
- Tobaben, S. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 38376-83.
- Cziepluch, C. et al. (1998) J Virol 72, 4149-56.
- Scheufler, C. et al. (2000) Cell 101, 199-210.
- Liou, S.T. and Wang, C. (2005) Arch Biochem Biophys 435, 253-63.
- Yin, H. et al. (2006) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 343, 1153-8.
- Moritz, A. et al. (2010) Sci Signal 3, ra64.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3349 SGTA Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.