Product Pathways - Metabolism
Pancreatic Marker Antibody Sampler Kit #8679
|8679S||1 Kit (5 x 40 µl)||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||Homology†||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|α-Amylase Antibody #4017||40 µl||W||R||H, M||58||Rabbit|
|CD31 (PECAM-1) (89C2) Mouse mAb #3528||40 µl||W, IP, IHC-P, IF-IC, F||H||130||Mouse IgG2b|
|Keratin 17/19 (D32D9) XP® Rabbit mAb #3984||40 µl||W, IHC-P||H, M, R, Mk||48/41||Rabbit IgG|
|Pdx1 (D59H3) XP® Rabbit mAb #5679||40 µl||W, IP, IF-F, IF-IC||H, R||42||Rabbit IgG|
|PLA2G1B Antibody #8962||40 µl||W||H||16||Rabbit|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
|Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7076||100 µl||Horse|
†Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry, IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen)
Reactivity Key: R=Rat, H=Human, M=Mouse, Mk=Monkey
Western blot analysis of extracts from HUVE cells using CD31 (PECAM-1) (89C2) Mouse mAb #3528.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, A549, and A431 cells using Keratin 17/19 (D32D9) XP® Rabbit mAb #3984. As expected, keratin 17 is detected in HeLa and A431 cells, while keratin 19 is detected in A549 cells.
Western blot analysis of extracts from INS-1 cells using Pdx1 (D59H3) XP® Rabbit mAb #5679.
The Pancreatic Marker Antibody Sampler Kit provides an economical means to evaluate relevant pancreatic proteins. This kit contains enough primary antibody to perform four western blots per primary.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Each antibody in the Pancreatic Marker Antibody Sampler Kit recognizes endogenous levels of total respective protein. CD31 (PECAM-1) (89C2) Mouse mAb does not cross-react with other related proteins.
Source / Purification
Rabbit monoclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human keratin 17 and human keratin 19, or a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val274 of human Pdx1 protein. Mouse monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human CD31 protein.
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human carcinoid α-amylase protein or residues surrounding Ala131 of human PLA2G1B protein.
The Pancreatic Marker Antibody Sampler Kit contains a variety of antibodies directed against established pancreatic proteins. α-Amylase catalyzes the cleavage of 1, 4-α-D-glucosidic bonds in oligosaccharides and polysaccharides (1). The enzyme is normally produced and secreted in salivary glands (salivary α-amylase or AMY1) and pancreas (pancreatic α-amylase or AMY2A) (1). CD31 (Platelet Endothelial Cell Adhesion Molecule-1: PECAM-1), a member of the Ig superfamily of cell adhesion molecules, is expressed by circulating platelets, monocytes, neutrophils, some T cells, and endothelial cells, and modulates cell adhesion, endothelial cell migration, and angiogenesis (2). Keratins (cytokeratins) are intermediate filament proteins that are mainly expressed in epithelial cells. Keratin heterodimers composed of an acidic keratin (or type I keratin, keratins 9 to 23) and a basic keratin (or type II keratin, keratins 1 to 8) assemble to form filaments (3,4). The pancreatic duodenal homeobox gene-1 (Pdx1) is a transcription factor that contributes to pancreas development, pancreatic β-cell differentiation, and mature β-cell function (5,6). It plays an essential role in the commitment of endoderm to a pancreatic and later β-cell phenotype (6,7). In the mature pancreas, Pdx1 expression is more restricted to the pancreatic β-cells (7), where it promotes the expression of genes important for β-cell functions, such as insulin, glucokinase, and Glut2 (8-10). Phospholipase A2 (PLA2) is a superfamily of enzymes that hydrolyze glycero-3-phosphocholines and release fatty acids and lysophospholipids (11). PLA2G1B is a member of this superfamily in the 1B group that is expressed most highly in the pancreatic acinar cells (12). Evidence suggests that PLA2G1B plays a role in the absorption and storage of extra energy as fats are metabolized (11,12).
- Tomita, N. et al. (1988) Cancer Res 48, 3292-6.
- Newman, P.J. (1997) J Clin Invest 99, 3-8.
- Moll, R. et al. (1982) Cell 31, 11-24.
- Chang, L. and Goldman, R.D. (2004) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 5, 601-13.
- Kaneto, H. et al. (2008) Endocr J 55, 235-52.
- Habener, J.F. et al. (2005) Endocrinology 146, 1025-34.
- Guz, Y. et al. (1995) Development 121, 11-8.
- Ohlsson, H. et al. (1993) EMBO J 12, 4251-9.
- Watada, H. et al. (1996) Diabetes 45, 1826-31.
- Waeber, G. et al. (1996) Mol Endocrinol 10, 1327-34.
- Labonté, E.D. et al. (2010) FASEB J 24, 2516-24.
- Cash, J.G. et al. (2011) Int J Obes (Lond) 35, 877-81.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 7722 Blue Loading Buffer Pack
- 7723 Red Loading Buffer Pack
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.