Product Pathways - Protein Stability
UBA2 (D15C11) Rabbit mAb #8688
|8688S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8688||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||90||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Xenopus, Zebrafish, Bovine, Dog, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
UBA2 (D15C11) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total UBA2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln421 of human UBA2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using UBA2 (D15C11) Rabbit mAb.
The process of SUMO conjugation to target proteins is similar to the molecular chain of events observed with ubiquitin (1). SUMO is conjugated to target proteins through the coordinated action of the cellular SUMO conjugation machinery consisting of E1, E2, and E3 enzymes (2). The canonical SUMO E1 activating enzyme is a heterodimer consisting of SAE1 (AOS1) and UBA2 (SAE2) subunits. Mature SUMO is activated by E1 in an ATP-dependent reaction that generates adenylated SUMO, which functions as a high-energy intermediate in the formation of a thioester linkage between SUMO and Cys173 of UBA2 (3,4). SUMO is subsequently transferred from UBA2 to the SUMO E2 conjugating enzyme, UBC9 (5). Recent evidence suggests that redox regulation of UBA2 serves as a physiologic mechanism to modulate the cellular level of sumoylated target proteins (6).
- Geiss-Friedlander, R. and Melchior, F. (2007) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 8, 947-56.
- Tatham, M.H. et al. (2003) Biochemistry 42, 9959-69.
- Desterro, J.M. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 10618-24.
- Gong, L. et al. (1999) FEBS Lett 448, 185-9.
- Desterro, J.M. et al. (1997) FEBS Lett 417, 297-300.
- Bossis, G. and Melchior, F. (2006) Mol Cell 21, 349-57.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5293 UBA2 Antibody
- 4786 Ubc9 (D26F2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4940 SUMO-1 (C9H1) Rabbit mAb
- 4971 SUMO-2/3 (18H8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.