Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
PRK2 (D10A10) Rabbit mAb #8697
|W IP||H Mk B Pg||Endogenous||140||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PRK2 (D10A10) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PRK2 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with PRK1.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu633 of human PRK2 protein.
The protein kinase C-related kinases (PRKs) are a subfamily of Ser/Thr-specific kinases with a catalytic domain highly homologous to the PKC family (1-3). They are effectors of Rho family GTPases (4-6) and are activated by fatty acids and phospholipids in vitro (7,8). Activation in vitro and in vivo involves the activation loop phosphorylation of PRK1 (Thr774)/PRK2 (Thr816) by PDK1 (9,10).
- Mukai, H. et al. (1994) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 199, 897-904.
- Morrice, N.A. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 20040-20046.
- Palmer, R.H. et al. (1994) FEBS Lett. 356, 5-8.
- Watanabe, G. et al. (1996) Science 271, 645-648.
- Amano, M. et al. (1996) Science 271, 648-650.
- Vincent, S. and Settleman, J. (1997) Mol. Cell. Biol. 17, 2247-2256.
- Morrice, N.A. et al. (1994) FEBS Lett. 351, 171-175.
- Palmer, R.H. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 22412-22416.
- Flynn, P. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 11064-70.
- Dong, L.Q. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 5089-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2611 Phospho-PRK1 (Thr774)/PRK2 (Thr816) Antibody
- 2612 PRK2 Antibody
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9960 PKC Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.