Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Phospho-MARCKS (Ser167/170) (D13E4) XP® Rabbit mAb #8722
|W IF-IC F||H M R (C) (B)||Endogenous||75 rodent, 80 human||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat C=Chicken B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-MARCKS (Ser167/170) (D13E4) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of MARCKS protein only when phosphorylated at Ser167 and Ser170. This antibody may also detect MARCKS mono-phosphorylated at Ser167.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser167 and Ser170 of human MARCKS protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from serum-starved SH-SY5Y and SK-N-MC cells, untreated (-) or treated with TPA #4174 (200 nM, 15 min; +), using Phospho-MARCKS (Ser167/170) (D13E4) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) and MARCKS (D88D11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5607 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines, serum-starved overnight and then untreated (-) or treated with TPA #4174 (200 nM, 15 min; +), using Phospho-MARCKS (Ser167/Ser170) (D13E4) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, serum-starved (left), treated with TPA #4174 (200 nM, 15 min; middle) or treated with TPA #4174 and λ phosphatase (right), using Phospho-MARCKS (Ser167/170) (D13E4) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Myristoylated Alanine-Rich C-Kinase Substrate (MARCKS) is a major PKC substrate expressed in many cell types. MARCKS has been implicated in cell motility, cell adhesion, phagocytosis, membrane traffic, and mitogenesis (1). PKC phosphorylates Ser159, 163, 167, and 170 of MARCKS in response to growth factors and oxidative stress. Phosphorylation at these sites regulates the calcium/calmodulin binding and filamentous (F)-actin cross-linking activities of MARCKS (2-4). Phosphorylation by PKC also results in translocation of MARCKS from the plasma membrane to the cytoplasm (5).
- Ramsden, J.J. (2000) Int J Biochem Cell Biol 32, 475-9.
- Heemskerk, F.M. et al. (1993) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 190, 236-41.
- Graff, J.M. et al. (1989) J Biol Chem 264, 21818-23.
- Hartwig, J.H. et al. (1992) Nature 356, 618-22.
- Thelen, M. et al. (1991) Nature 351, 320-2.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5607 MARCKS (D88D11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2741 Phospho-MARCKS (Ser152/156) Antibody
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.