Product Pathways - Development
SPARC (D10F10) Rabbit mAb #8725
|W IHC-P||H M||Endogenous||42||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SPARC (D10F10) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SPARC protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human SPARC protein.
Western blot analysis of culture medium, from SPARC-secreting PYS-2 cells, using SPARC (D10F10) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using SPARC (D10F10) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using SPARC (D10F10) Rabbit mAb.
SPARC (secreted protein acidic and rich in cysteine), also known as osteonectin and BM40, is a secreted matricellular glycoprotein that belongs to a group of functionally related glycoproteins that includes tenascins C and X, thrombospondins 1 and 2, and osteopontin (1). Members in this class of glycoproteins are involved in tissue renewal, tissue remodeling, and embryonic development and work by exerting counter-adhesive and antiproliferative effects that lead to changes in cell shape, disruption of cell adhesion, and inhibition of the cell cycle (2). SPARC is expressed at high levels in bone tissue but is widely distributed in many other tissues and cell types (3), and is known to be associated with tissues undergoing morphogenesis, angiogenesis, mineralization, and other pathological responses to injury and tumorigenesis (4,5). SPARC has also been linked with obesity and diabetes (6).
- Fukunaga-Kalabis, M. et al. (2008) Cancer Microenviron 1, 93-102.
- Yan, Q. and Sage, E.H. (1999) J Histochem Cytochem 47, 1495-506.
- Maillard, C. et al. (1992) Bone 13, 257-64.
- Sage, E.H. (1997) Nat Med 3, 144-6.
- Bradshaw, A.D. and Sage, E.H. (2001) J Clin Invest 107, 1049-54.
- Kos, K. and Wilding, J.P. (2010) Nat Rev Endocrinol 6, 225-35.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 5420 SPARC Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.