Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
SUV39H1 (D11B6) Rabbit mAb #8729
|8729S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8729||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||48||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SUV39H1 (D11B6) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SUV39H1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with the SUV39H2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp380 of human SUV39H1 protein.
Human histone methyltransferase SUV39H1 is the homolog of the dominant Drosophila PEV modifier Su(var)3-9 and is composed of 412 amino acid residues (1). It combines two of the most evolutionarily conserved domains of the "chromatin regulators": the chromo and SET domains (2,3). The 60 amino acid chromo domain represents an ancient histone-like fold that directs heterochromatic localizations. It has been demonstrated that the 130 amino acid SET domain contains the methyltransferase catalytic motif, which cooperates with the adjacent cysteine-rich regions to confer histone methyltransferase activity (1). This enzyme selectively methylates histone H3 on Lys9, which generates a binding site for HP1 proteins, a family of heterochromatic adaptor molecules involved in both gene silencing and supra-nucleosomal chromatin structure (4,5). SUV39H1 histone methyltransferase plays an important role in modification of histone amino termini and regulation of gene expression.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9754 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 4658 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D85B4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4473 Pan-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D54) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4499 Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4620 Histone H3 (D2B12) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated)
- 2623 HP1α/β (C7F11) Rabbit mAb
- 2613 HP1β Antibody
- 2600 Phospho-HP1γ (Ser83) Antibody
- 2619 HP1γ Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.