Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
SUV39H1 (D11B6) Rabbit mAb #8729
|W IP||H M R Mk (B)||Endogenous||48||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SUV39H1 (D11B6) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SUV39H1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with the SUV39H2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp380 of human SUV39H1 protein.
Human histone methyltransferase SUV39H1 is the homolog of the dominant Drosophila PEV modifier Su(var)3-9 and is composed of 412 amino acid residues (1). It combines two of the most evolutionarily conserved domains of the "chromatin regulators": the chromo and SET domains (2,3). The 60 amino acid chromo domain represents an ancient histone-like fold that directs heterochromatic localizations. It has been demonstrated that the 130 amino acid SET domain contains the methyltransferase catalytic motif, which cooperates with the adjacent cysteine-rich regions to confer histone methyltransferase activity (1). This enzyme selectively methylates histone H3 on Lys9, which generates a binding site for HP1 proteins, a family of heterochromatic adaptor molecules involved in both gene silencing and supra-nucleosomal chromatin structure (4,5). SUV39H1 histone methyltransferase plays an important role in modification of histone amino termini and regulation of gene expression.
- Rea, S. et al. (2000) Nature 406, 593-599.
- Koonin, E. V. et al. (1995) Nucleic Acids Res. 23, 4229-4232.
- Jenuwein, T. et al. (1998) Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 54, 80-93.
- Lachner, M. et al. (2001) Nature 410, 116-120.
- Bannister, A. J. et al. (2001) Nature 410, 120-123.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4658 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D85B4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4473 Pan-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D54) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4499 Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4620 Histone H3 (D2B12) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated)
- 2623 HP1α/β (C7F11) Rabbit mAb
- 2613 HP1β Antibody
- 2600 Phospho-HP1γ (Ser83) Antibody
- 2619 HP1γ Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.