Product Pathways - Metabolism
Prdx1 Antibody #8732
|W IP||H M Mk||Endogenous||21||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Prdx1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Prdx1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with Prdx2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro108 of human Prdx1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Prdx1 belongs to a family of non-seleno peroxidases which function as H2O2 scavengers. All 6 prdx isoforms share a conserved N-terminal cysteine (Cys51) which is oxidized by H2O2 to Cysteine-Sulfenic acid (Cys51-SOH) and, in turn, reacts with Cys172-SH of the other prdx forming a disulfide dimer that protects it from degradation (1-3). Abnormally high levels of H2O2 cause Prdx1 to form an oligomeric chaperon that loses its peroxidase activity (4). Prdxs have been reported to bind to JNK and c-Abl and regulate their kinase acitivity (5,6). Prdx1 was shown to bind to PTEN and regulate its phosphatase activity in conditions of mild or no cellular stress, hence preventing Akt-driven transformation by protecting PTEN from oxidation-induced inactivation (7).
- Wood, Z.A. et al. (2003) Trends Biochem Sci 28, 32-40.
- Chae, H.Z. et al. (1994) J Biol Chem 269, 27670-8.
- Chae, H.Z. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 7022-6.
- Jang, H.H. et al. (2004) Cell 117, 625-35.
- Wen, S.T. and Van Etten, R.A. (1997) Genes Dev 11, 2456-67.
- Kim, Y.J. et al. (2006) Cancer Res 66, 7136-42.
- Cao, J. et al. (2009) EMBO J 28, 1505-17.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.