Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-(Ser/Thr) CK2 Substrate (P-S/T3-100) Rabbit mAb #8738
|8738S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8738||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||All Species Expected||Endogenous||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-(Ser/Thr) CK2 Substrate (P-S/T3-100) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous proteins containing a pS/pTDXE motif, which is a CK2 phosphorylation consensus sequence. This antibody is a useful tool to study CK2 substrates.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide containing the T*DXE motif.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, untreated or treated with Calyculin A #9902 (10 nM, 30 min) or Staurosporine #9953 (1 μM, 3 hr), using Phospho-(Ser/Thr) CK2 Substrate (P-S/T3-100) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (-) or SignalSilence® CK2α siRNA I #6389 (+), using Phospho-(Ser/Thr) CK2 Substrate (P-S/T3-100) Rabbit mAb (upper), CK2α Antibody #2656 (middle), or GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174 (lower).
Casein Kinase II (CK2) is a highly conserved, ubiquitously expressed, and constitutively active tetrameric Ser/Thr protein kinase with hundreds of substrates participating in the regulation of a variety of cellular processes including cell cycle progression, apoptosis, transcription, inflammation, and the DNA damage response. Research studies have implicated CK2 in roles related to viral infection, cancer, and other diseases (1-5). CK2 substrates contain multiple acidic residues (Asp and Glu) located downstream of the phosphorylated Ser or Thr residue. The consensus sequence for CK2 substrates is pS/pTD/EXD/E with the most crucial residue at the +3 position followed by the residue at the +1 position (6).
- Pinna, L.A. and Allende, J.E. (2009) Cell Mol Life Sci 66, 1795-9.
- St-Denis, N.A. and Litchfield, D.W. (2009) Cell Mol Life Sci 66, 1817-29.
- Trembley, J.H. et al. (2009) Cell Mol Life Sci 66, 1858-67.
- Perez, D.I. et al. (2011) Med Res Rev 31, 924-54.
- Dominguez, I. et al. (2009) Cell Mol Life Sci 66, 1850-7.
- Meggio, F. and Pinna, L.A. (2003) FASEB J 17, 349-68.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9812 KinomeView® Profiling Kit
- 9614 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb
- 9624 Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb
- 5759 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) AMPK Substrate (P-S/T2-102) Rabbit mAb
- 6967 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate (P-S3-101) Rabbit mAb
- 2656 CK2α Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 6389 SignalSilence® CK2α siRNA I
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Use of Cell Signaling Technology (CST) Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patents No. 7,198,896 and 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.