Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Cyclin T1 Antibody #8744
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cyclin T1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Cyclin T1 protein. This antibody also cross-reacts with a 50 kDa protein of unknown origin in some cell lines.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly348 of human Cyclin T1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Positive transcription elongation factor (P-TEFb) is a heterodimer composed of cyclin T proteins and CDK9. P-TEFb plays a critical role in the transition of the RNA polymerase II (RNAPII) machinery from transcription initiation to elongation (1). At some genes during transcription initiation, RNAPII moves approximately 50 nucleotides away from the transcription start site into the gene where it then pauses and awaits signaling for the formation of a productive transcription elongation complex (1,2). The release of this promoter proximal pausing of RNAPII is signaled by phosphorylation of the C-terminal domain (CTD) within the largest subunit of RNAPII at Ser2 of the heptapeptide repeat sequence by P-TEFb (3). This phosphorylation event is important for the recruitment of mRNA processing factors and chromatin modifiers that are necessary for proper gene expression (4,5). P-TEFb also promotes transcription elongation by phosphorylating DSIF (DRB-induced stimulating factor) and NELF (negative elongation factor), two negative elongation factors that retain RNAPII at the promoter proximal region of genes to initiate transcription elongation (6,7).
- Cho, S. et al. (2010) Cell Cycle 9, 1697-705.
- Saunders, A. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 7, 557-67.
- Buratowski, S. (2009) Mol Cell 36, 541-6.
- Lenasi, T. and Barboric, M. RNA Biol 7, 145-50.
- Pirngruber, J. et al. (2009) Cell Cycle 8, 3636-42.
- Wada, T. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 7395-403.
- Yamada, T. et al. (2006) Mol Cell 21, 227-37.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2316 CDK9 (C12F7) Rabbit mAb
- 2549 Phospho-CDK9 (Thr186) Antibody
- 2629 Rpb1 CTD (4H8) Mouse mAb
- 4735 Phospho-Rpb1 CTD (Ser2/5) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.