Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
WFS1 Antibody #8749
|W IP||Mk H||Endogenous||100||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
WFS1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total WFS1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala43 of human WFS1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Wolfram syndrome protein (WFS1) is an 890 amino acid protein that contains a cytoplasmic N-terminal domain, followed by nine-transmembrane domains and a luminal C-terminal domain. WFS1 is predominantly localized to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) (1) and its expression is induced in response to ER stress, partially through transcriptional activation (2,3). Research studies have shown that mutations in the WFS1 gene lead to Wolfram syndrome, an autosomal recessive neurodegenerative disorder defined by young-onset, non-immune, insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus and progressive optic atrophy (4).
- Takeda, K. et al. (2001) Hum Mol Genet 10, 477-84.
- Yamaguchi, S. et al. (2004) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 325, 250-6.
- Ueda, K. et al. (2005) Eur J Endocrinol 153, 167-76.
- Inoue, H. et al. (1998) Nat Genet 20, 143-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2174 Smurf1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.