Product Pathways - Translational Control
DDX4 (D10C5) Rabbit mAb #8761
|W IP IF-F||H M (Mk)||Endogenous||80||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DDX4 (D10C5) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total DDX4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human DDX4 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse testes and brain using DDX4 (D10C5) Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
DDX4 is an ATP-dependent DEAD-box RNA helicase found in the chromatoid body of the germ cells (1). This enzyme is specific to germ cells and is necessary for germ cell development (2). Mouse DDX4 was shown to interact with Dicer, suggesting a role in microRNA-mediated RNA silencing (1).
- Kotaja, N. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103, 2647-52.
- Albamonte, M.S. et al. (2008) Hum Reprod 23, 1895-901.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.