Product Pathways - Neuroscience
A2B5 Mouse mAb #8763
Reactivity Key: R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
A2B5 Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of A2B5 antigen. A2B5 Mouse mAb has been validated for use with the recommended staining protocol. Fixation of cells prior to staining will lead to artifacts. Based on literature publications, this antibody is predicted to cross-react with chicken, rat, bovine, and human samples.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with embryonic chicken retinal cells.
A2B5 Mouse mAb recognizes a cell surface ganglioside epitope that has been utilized as a marker for identification of various cell types. A2B5 Mouse mAb has been used to mark specific cell populations such as neuroendocrine cells, thymic epithelial cells (1), and glial precursors that give rise to type II astrocytes and oligodendrocytes (2-4).
- Botham, C.A. et al. (2001) Cell Tissue Res 303, 381-9.
- Eisenbarth, G.S. et al. (1979) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 76, 4913-7.
- Sontheimer, H. et al. (1990) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87, 9833-7.
- Bottenstein, J.E. et al. (1988) J Neurosci Res 20, 291-303.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9071 ProLong® Gold Antifade Reagent
- 8961 ProLong® Gold Antifade Reagent with DAPI
- 4408 Anti-mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4409 Anti-mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate)
- 8890 Anti-mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 594 Conjugate)
- 4410 Anti-mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.