Product Pathways - Adhesion
CCN3 Antibody #8767
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||43||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CCN3 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total CCN3 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg118 of human CCN3 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CCN3, also named NOV (Nephroblastoma overexressed), belongs to the CCN (Cyr61, Ctgf, NOV) family of proteins. It is a cystine-rich secretory protein that associates with components of the extracellular matrix. Like other CCN family members, CCN3 is capable of mediating diverse biological functions through its four distinct domains, which enable binding to numerous protein partners (1-5).CCN3 modulates bone turnover through various mechanisms and is implicated in the progression of primary bone cancers such as osteosarcoma and chondrosarcoma (6-8). Research has shown that CCN3 is also involved in the bone metastasis of melanoma, breast cancer, and prostate cancers (9-11). Recently, CCN3 was reported to play an important role in stem cell renewal (12). CCN3 is normally expressed in both embryonic and adult tissues (13,14). The activity of CCN3 is influenced by post translational modifications and proteolytic cleavage (15,16).
- Perbal, B. (2001) Mol Pathol 54, 57-79.
- Brigstock, D.R. et al. (2003) Mol Pathol 56, 127-8.
- Leask, A. and Abraham, D.J. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 4803-10.
- Yeger, H. and Perbal, B. (2007) J Cell Commun Signal 1, 159-64.
- McCallum, L. and Irvine, A.E. (2009) Blood Rev 23, 79-85.
- Perbal, B. et al. (2008) Clin Cancer Res 14, 701-9.
- Tzeng, H.E. et al. (2011) J Cell Physiol 226, 3181-9.
- Yang, W. et al. (2011) Hum Reprod 26, 2850-60.
- Vallacchi, V. et al. (2008) Cancer Res 68, 715-23.
- Ouellet, V. et al. (2011) Am J Pathol 178, 2377-88.
- Chen, P.C. et al. (2012) Carcinogenesis 33, 937-45.
- Gupta, R. et al. (2007) Science 316, 590-3.
- Burren, C.P. et al. (1999) J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84, 1096-103.
- Kocialkowski, S. et al. (2001) Anat Embryol (Berl) 203, 417-27.
- Perbal, B. et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96, 869-74.
- Su, B.Y. et al. (2001) Mol Pathol 54, 184-91.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.