Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Stat3α (D1A5) XP® Rabbit mAb #8768
|8768S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8768P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8768||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey||Endogenous||86||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Pig.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Stat3α (D1A5) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Stat3α protein. This antibody does not cross-react with Stat3β.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human Stat3α protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Stat3α (D1A5) XP® Rabbit mAb (top), Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb #9139 (middle), or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded cell pellets, HeLa (left) or PC-3 (right), using Stat3α (D1A5) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Stat3α (D1A5) XP® Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, serum-starved (left) or treated with Human Interferon-α1 (hIFN-α1) #8927 (100 ng/mL, 30 min; right) using Stat3α (D1A5) XP® Rabbit mAb (green) and β-Actin (8H10D10) Mouse mAb #3700 (red).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 Hep G2 cells starved overnight and treated with Human Interleukin-6 (hIL-6) #8904 (100 ng/ml, 30 min), and either 5 μl of Stat3α (D1A5) XP® Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human IRF-1 promoter primers, SimpleChIP® Human c-Fos Promoter Primers #4663, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
The Stat3 transcription factor is an important signaling molecule for many cytokines and growth factor receptors (1) and is required for murine fetal development (2). Research studies have shown that Stat3 is constitutively activated in a number of human tumors (3,4) and possesses oncogenic potential (5) and anti-apoptotic activities (3). Stat3 is activated by phosphorylation at Tyr705, which induces dimerization, nuclear translocation, and DNA binding (6,7). Transcriptional activation seems to be regulated by phosphorylation at Ser727 through the MAPK or mTOR pathways (8,9). Stat3 isoform expression appears to reflect biological function as the relative expression levels of Stat3α (86 kDa) and Stat3β (79 kDa) depend on cell type, ligand exposure, or cell maturation stage (10). It is notable that Stat3β lacks the serine phosphorylation site within the carboxy-terminal transcriptional activation domain (8).
- Heim, M.H. (2001) J Recept Signal Transduct Res 19, 75-120.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 3801-4.
- Catlett-Falcone, R. et al. (1999) Immunity 10, 105-15.
- Garcia, R. and Jove, R. (1998) J Biomed Sci 5, 79-85.
- Bromberg, J.F. et al. (1999) Cell 98, 295-303.
- Darnell, J.E. et al. (1994) Science 264, 1415-21.
- Ihle, J.N. (1995) Nature 377, 591-4.
- Wen, Z. et al. (1995) Cell 82, 241-50.
- Yokogami, K. et al. (2000) Curr Biol 10, 47-50.
- Biethahn, S. et al. (1999) Exp Hematol 27, 885-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8719 Stat3α Antibody
- 9139 Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb
- 4904 Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb
- 9145 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 8105 SignalSlide® Phospho-Stat1/3/5 IHC Controls
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.