Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Kinectin 1 Antibody #8772
|W||H Mk Dg||Endogenous||160||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Kinectin 1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total kinectin 1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human kinectin 1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Kinectin 1/KTN1 is an endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-enriched integral membrane protein that may be involved in the formation of ER sheets (reviewed in 1). Kinectin 1 binds the microtubule motor protein, kinesin, and acts as a membrane anchor for kinesin-based organelle trafficking (2). The interaction of kinesin with kinectin 1 has been shown to affect ER-supported focal adhesion assembly (3). Kinectin 1 has also been implicated in translation elongation, as an anchor for the elongation factor complex to the ER (4,5). Research investigators have shown that kinectin 1 expression is altered in multiple human pathologies, including breast cancer (6), hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) (7), Parkinson's disease (8), and the autoimmune syndrome Behçet's disease (BD) (9,10).
- Lin, S. et al. (2012) Int J Biochem Cell Biol , .
- Kumar, J. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1834-7.
- Zhang, X. et al. (2010) J Cell Sci 123, 3901-12.
- Ong, L.L. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 32115-23.
- Ong, L.L. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 33621-34.
- Sutton, C.W. et al. (2010) J Proteome Res 9, 3891-902.
- Wang, H.C. et al. (2004) Biochem Cell Biol 82, 321-7.
- van Dijk, K.D. et al. (2012) Brain Pathol 22, 485-98.
- Lu, Y. et al. (2005) Arthritis Res Ther 7, R1133-9.
- Feng, X.G. et al. Clin Exp Rheumatol 25, S80-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.