Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Brn2/POU3F2 Antibody #8773
|W IP||H R (M)||Endogenous||55||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Brn2/POU3F2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Brn2/POU3F2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala208 of human Brn2/POU3F2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Brn2/POU3F2 is a POU domain-containing transcription factor involved in neuronal differentiation and activation of the corticotrophin-releasing hormone gene (1,2). In mice, disruption of the Brn2 gene results in loss of specific neuronal lineages in the hypothalamus (3). In addition to its role in mammalian neurogenesis, Brn2 has also been implicated in melanoma tumorigenesis and has been shown in the literature to be overexpressed in human melanoma cells compared to normal melanocytes (4,5). Recent studies also identify Brn2 as a transcription factor playing an important role in keratinocyte differentiation (6). Recent reports demonstrate that overexpression of three transcription factors (Brn2, Ascl1, and Myt1L) can directly convert human fibroblasts into functional neurons under precisely defined conditions (7,8).
- Fujii, H. and Hamada, H. (1993) Neuron 11, 1197-206.
- Schonemann, M.D. et al. (1995) Genes Dev 9, 3122-35.
- Nakai, S. et al. (1995) Genes Dev 9, 3109-21.
- Cook, A.L. et al. (2003) J Invest Dermatol 121, 1150-9.
- Cook, A.L. and Sturm, R.A. (2008) Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 21, 611-26.
- Shi, G. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e13216.
- Pfisterer, U. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 108, 10343-8.
- Ambasudhan, R. et al. (2011) Cell Stem Cell 9, 113-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.