Product Pathways - Vesicle Trafficking
RanBP1 Antibody #8780
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RanBP1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total RanBP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr193 of human RanBP1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
RanBP1 is a Ran binding protein that functions in nuclear trafficking for both nuclear import and export (1-3). Its protein sequence contains a Ran binding domain and a C-terminal nuclear export signal, which maintains its cytoplasmic localization (2,3). During nuclear export, RanBP1 forms a complex with RanGTP and CRM1/cargo, leading to dissociation of cargo from CRM1 (2,4). RanBP1 further stimulates RanGTP-RanGAP1 association to facilitate RanGTP hydrolysis and the generation of RanGDP to complete the final steps of nuclear export (5). During nuclear import, RanBP1 stabilizes the formation of a RanGDP-importin/NLS receptor-RanBP1 complex. This complex regulates the release of imported cargo into the nucleus (6,7). In addition to nuclear trafficking, RanBP1 also controls RanGTP distribution along mitotic microtubules, which localizes critical factors, such as cyclin B1 and HURP, to mitotic microtubles and regulates chromosome segregation (8,9). In vivo knock down or overexpression of RanBP1 has been shown to affect cellular ciliogenesis by regulating the local RanGTP concentation at the base of cilia (10).
- Bischoff, F.R. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 705-15.
- Kehlenbach, R.H. et al. (1999) J Cell Biol 145, 645-57.
- Richards, S.A. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 134, 1157-68.
- Koyama, M. and Matsuura, Y. (2010) EMBO J 29, 2002-13.
- Seewald, M.J. et al. (2003) Mol Cell Biol 23, 8124-36.
- Chi, N.C. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 135, 559-69.
- Lonhienne, T.G. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 22549-58.
- Tedeschi, A. et al. (2007) J Cell Sci 120, 3748-61.
- Di Fiore, B. et al. (2003) J Cell Sci 116, 3399-411.
- Fan, S. et al. (2011) Mol Biol Cell 22, 4539-48.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.