Product Pathways - Neuroscience
DDC Antibody #8786
|8786S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8786||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DDC Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total DDC protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val33 of human DDC protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
L-DOPA decarboxylase (DDC) is a pyridoxal 5-phosphate (PLP)-dependent enzyme that catalyzes the decarboxylation of L-DOPA to dopamine (1) and L-5HTP to serotonin (2). By catalyzing the reaction to produce dopamine, DDC is involved in many important metabolic processes and plays a central role in the complex neuroendocrine-immune regulatory network (1). DDC is expressed in the central nervous system (3), but has also been detected in some peripheral organs such as the liver and adrenal gland, as well as leukocytes of rat and human (1). DDC is thought to be the sole enzyme responsible for the synthesis of the trace amines 2-phenylethylamine, p-tyramine, and tryptamine, which are considered to act as neuromodulators (2,4). DDC is also regarded as a general biomarker for neuroendocrine tumors (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2791 Phospho-Tyrosine Hydroxylase (Ser40) Antibody
- 2792 Tyrosine Hydroxylase Antibody
- 3370 Phospho-Tyrosine Hydroxylase (Ser31) Antibody
- 2506 CDK5 Antibody
- 2680 p35/25 (C64B10) Rabbit mAb
- 2306 DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.