Product Pathways - Phosphatases
OCRL1 Antibody #8797
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||103||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
OCRL1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total OCRL1 protein. This antibody also cross-reacts with a 51 KDa protein of unknown origin in some cell lines.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly88 of human OCRL1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
OCRL1 is an inositol 5-phosphatase that selectively dephosphorylates the 5 position of the inositol ring. Its substrates include phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate, inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate, and inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate (1). Research studies indicate that mutations in OCRL1 are linked to Oculocerebrorenal syndrome or Lowe syndrome, an X-linked disorder distinguished by mental retardation and congenital cataracts, as well as Dent's disease (2,3). OCRL1 interacts with several endocytic proteins, including clathrin, AP-2, and RabGTPases (4-7). OCRL1 is localized to the Golgi complex, endosomes, and late stage clathrin-coated pits (6,8). OCRL1 controls early endosome function (8), regulating membrane traffic from endosomes to the Golgi. It is also involved in cytokinesis (9) and cilia assembly (10).
- Astle, M.V. et al. (2006) IUBMB Life 58, 451-6.
- Attree, O. et al. (1992) Nature 358, 239-42.
- Hoopes, R.R. et al. (2005) Am J Hum Genet 76, 260-7.
- Erdmann, K.S. et al. (2007) Dev Cell 13, 377-90.
- Mao, Y. et al. (2009) EMBO J 28, 1831-42.
- Shin, H.W. et al. (2005) J Cell Biol 170, 607-18.
- Hyvola, N. et al. (2006) EMBO J 25, 3750-61.
- Choudhury, R. et al. (2005) Mol Biol Cell 16, 3467-79.
- Vicinanza, M. et al. (2011) EMBO J 30, 4970-85.
- Coon, B.G. et al. (2012) Hum Mol Genet 21, 1835-47.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.