Product Pathways - Neuroscience
GRAF1 Antibody #8802
|W||H M R (Mk) (B) (Hr)||Endogenous||92||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GRAF1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total GRAF1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys261 of human GRAF1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
GTPase Regulator Associated with Focal Adhesion Kinase-1 (GRAF1), is a GTPase-activating protein for the small G proteins RhoA and Cdc42 (1). It is composed of an N-terminal BAR domain, a PH domain, a RhoGAP domain, a proline-rich domain, and a C-terminal SH3 domain. GRAF1 contributes to the clathrin-independent carriers/GPI-enriched early endosomal compartments (CLIC/GEEC) pathway, and was the first specific protein component of this endocytic pathway to be discovered (2). GRAF1 was identified as an important protein necessary for adeno-associated virus 2 infection (3). In addition, research studies have linked GRAF1 to mental retardation (4), skeletal muscle differentiation (5), and myeloid leukemia (6,7).
- Hildebrand, J.D. et al. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 3169-78.
- Lundmark, R. et al. (2008) Curr Biol 18, 1802-8.
- Nonnenmacher, M. and Weber, T. (2011) Cell Host Microbe 10, 563-76.
- Barresi, V. et al. (2010) BMC Med Genomics 3, 28.
- Doherty, J.T. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 25903-21.
- Qian, J. et al. (2011) Leuk Res 35, 783-6.
- Qian, Z. et al. (2010) J Exp Clin Cancer Res 29, 111.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 4796 Clathrin Heavy Chain (D3C6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9968 Rho-GTPase Antibody Sampler Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.