Product Pathways - TGF-beta/Smad Signaling
Phospho-Smad2 (Ser465/467)/Smad3 (Ser423/425) (D27F4) Rabbit mAb #8828
|W IF-IC F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||52, 60||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Smad2 (Ser465/467)/Smad3 (Ser423/425) (D27F4) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of Smad2 protein when phosphorylated at Ser465 and Ser467. This antibody also recognizes endogenous levels of Smad3 protein when phosphorylated Ser422 only or at both Ser423 and Ser425.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser465/467 of human Smad2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HaCaT cells, untreated (-) or treated with hTGF-β3 #8425 (+) in the absence or presence of the TGFR inhibitor SB 431542, using Phospho-Smad2 (Ser465/467)/Smad3 (Ser423/425) (D27F4) Rabbit mAb (upper) or Smad2/3 (D7G7) XP® Rabbit mAb #8685 (lower).
Flow cytometric analysis of HT-1080 cells, untreated (blue), treated with hTGF-β3 #8425 (green), or treated with hTGF-β3 and SB 431542 (red), using Phospho-Smad2 (Ser465/467)/Smad3 (Ser423/425) (D27F4) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HaCaT cells, serum-starved (left), treated with hTGF-β3 #8425 (100 ng/ml, 30 min; center), or treated with hTGF-β3 and SB 431542 (10 μg/mL, 1 hr; right), using Phospho-Smad2 (Ser465/467)/Smad3 (Ser423/425) (D27F4) Rabbit mAb (green) and COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate) #8693 (red).
Members of the Smad family of signal transduction molecules are components of a critical intracellular pathway that transmit TGF-β signals from the cell surface into the nucleus. Three distinct classes of Smads have been defined: the receptor-regulated Smads (R-Smads), which include Smad1, 2, 3, 5, and 8; the common-mediator Smad (co-Smad), Smad4; and the antagonistic or inhibitory Smads (I-Smads), Smad6 and 7 (1-5). Activated type I receptors associate with specific R-Smads and phosphorylate them on a conserved carboxy terminal SSXS motif. The phosphorylated R-Smad dissociates from the receptor and forms a heteromeric complex with the co-Smad (Smad4), allowing translocation of the complex to the nucleus. Once in the nucleus, Smads can target a variety of DNA binding proteins to regulate transcriptional responses (6-8).
- Heldin, C.H. et al. (1997) Nature 390, 465-471.
- Attisano, L. and Wrana, J.L. (1998) Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 10, 188-194.
- Derynck, R. et al. (1998) Cell 95, 737-740.
- Massague, J. (1998) Annu. Rev. Biochem. 67, 753-791.
- Whitman, M. (1998) Genes Dev. 12, 2445-2462.
- Wu, G. et al. (2000) Science 287, 92-97.
- Attisano, L. and Wrana, J.L. (2002) Science 296, 1646-1647.
- Moustakas, A. et al. (2001) J. Cell Sci. 114, 4359-4369.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12052 Smad2/3 Control Cell Extracts
- 3122 Smad2 (86F7) Rabbit mAb
- 3103 Smad2 (L16D3) Mouse mAb
- 5339 Smad2 (D43B4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8685 Smad2/3 (D7G7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3104 Phospho-Smad2 (Ser245/250/255) Antibody
- 3101 Phospho-Smad2 (Ser465/467) Antibody
- 3108 Phospho-Smad2 (Ser465/467) (138D4) Rabbit mAb
- 9510 Phospho-Smad2 (Ser465/467)/ Smad3 (Ser423/425) (D6G10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.