Product Pathways - Metabolism
Catalase Antibody #8841
|W||H M R||Endogenous||60||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Catalase Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total catalase protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ile165 of human catalase protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Catalase catalyzes the conversion of hydrogen peroxide to water and oxygen (1). Studies show that overexpression of this antioxidant enzyme increases the ability of pancreatic β-cells to scavenge reactive oxygen species (ROS), thereby protecting pancreatic β-cells from oxidative stress (2). The pancreatic β-cells overexpressing this enzyme are also protected from hydrogen peroxide-mediated lipotoxicity, futher implying the importance of catalase in the pathogenesis of diabetes (3).
- Chelikani, P. et al. (2004) Cell Mol Life Sci 61, 192-208.
- Chen, H. et al. (2005) Diabetes 54, 1437-46.
- Elsner, M. et al. (2011) Diabetes 60, 200-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 6925 TRXR1 Antibody
- 2429 Thioredoxin 1 (C63C6) Rabbit mAb
- 2285 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2298 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Mouse/Rat Preferred)
- 1057 Thioredoxin 1 Blocking Peptide
- 3206 GPX1 Antibody
- 3187 NQO1 (A180) Mouse mAb
- 2770 SOD1 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.