Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-TACC3 (Ser558) (D8H10) XP® Rabbit mAb #8842
|W IF-IC||H||Endogenous||140||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-TACC3 (Ser558) (D8H10) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of TACC3 protein only when phosphorylated at Ser558.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser558 of human TACC3 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT-29 cells, untreated (-) or synchronized in mitosis by thymidine block (2 mM, 17 hr) followed by nocodozole treatment (100 ng/ml, 24 hr) (+), using Phospho-TACC3 (Ser558) (D8H10) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Transforming acid coiled-coil (TACC) proteins are a family of proteins characterized by a common coiled-coil motif of approximately 200 amino acids at the carboxy-terminal end (1). Three family members have been identified in humans: TACC1, TACC2, and TACC3. These proteins are thought to be involved in centrosomal microtubule assembly and have been mapped to chromosomal regions that are disrupted in some cancers (reviewed in 2). TACC3 has been shown to be upregulated in many cancer cell lines (3). When phosphorylated at Ser558 by Aurora A, mammalian TACC3 is localized to mitotic spindles and increases microtubule stability (4,5). For this reason, it has been suggested that monitoring the localization of phosphorylated TACC3 would be an effective way to determine the efficacy of Aurora A inhibitors that show promise as anti-cancer drugs (6,7). In addition, studies have shown that TACC3 could be useful as a prognostic marker for non-small cell lung cancer (8).
- Gergely, F. et al. (2000) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 97, 14352-7.
- Peset, I. and Vernos, I. (2008) Trends Cell Biol 18, 379-88.
- Still, I.H. et al. (1999) Genomics 58, 165-70.
- Kinoshita, K. et al. (2005) J Cell Biol 170, 1047-55.
- Schneider, L. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 29273-83.
- LeRoy, P.J. et al. (2007) Cancer Res 67, 5362-70.
- Tyler, R.K. et al. (2007) Cell Cycle 6, 2846-54.
- Jung, C.K. et al. (2006) Pathol Int 56, 503-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.