Product Pathways - Neuroscience
AMPA Receptor (GluR 1) Antibody #8850
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||100||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
AMPA Receptor (GluR 1) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total AMPA Receptor (GluR 1) protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala275 of human AMPA Receptor (GluR 1) protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
AMPA- (α-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid), kainite-, and NMDA- (N-methyl-D-aspartate) receptors are the three main families of ionotropic glutamate-gated ion channels. AMPA receptors (AMPARs) are comprised of four subunits (GluR 1-4), which assemble as homo- or hetero-tetramers to mediate the majority of fast excitatory transmissions in the CNS. AMPARs are implicated in synapse formation, stabilization, and plasticity (1). AMPARs that lack GluR 2 are permeable to calcium, in contrast to GluR 2-containing AMPARs (2). Post-transcriptional modifications (alternative splicing, nuclear RNA editing) and post-translational modifications (glycosylation, phosphorylation) result in a very large number of permutations, fine-tuning the kinetic properties of AMPARs. Research studies have implicated activity changes in AMPARs in a variety of diseases including Alzheimer’s, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), stroke, and epilepsy (1).
GluR 1 is necessary for expression of LTP in the hippocampus and formation of short-term memory (3). Hippocampal GluR 1 is also involved in morphine-induced adaptative synaptic mechanisms (4).
- Palmer, C.L. et al. (2005) Pharmacol Rev 57, 253-77.
- Cull-Candy, S. et al. (2006) Curr Opin Neurobiol 16, 288-97.
- Sanderson, D.J. et al. (2008) Prog Brain Res 169, 159-78.
- Xia, Y. et al. (2011) J Neurosci 31, 16279-91.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8084 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 1) (Ser845) (D10G5) Rabbit mAb
- 4027 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr876) Antibody
- 3921 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr869/Tyr873/Tyr876) Antibody
- 5306 AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (D39F2) Rabbit mAb
- 4676 AMPA Receptor (GluR 3) (D47E3) Rabbit mAb
- 8070 AMPA Receptor (GluR 4) (D41A11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.