Product Pathways - CD Markers
CD82 Antibody #8854
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CD82 recognizes endogenous levels of total CD82 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asn204 of human CD82 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CD82 (KAI1) belongs to the tetraspanin family, which is characterized by four transmembrane domains, one short extracellular domain (ECL1), and one long extracellular domain (ECL2). CD82 does not have enzymatic activity and appears to function by regulating the trafficking of other proteins and organization of the cell membrane (1). CD82 was originally described as a costimulator for T cells that directly associates with CD4 and CD8, and was subsequently identified during a screen as a metastasis suppressor in prostate cancer (2,3). It has since been found to act as a metastasis suppressor in a variety of cancers, and its downregulation is associated with poor prognosis (4-6). CD82 suppresses metastasis through multiple mechanisms including inhibition of cell motility and invasion by modulating c-Met and the urokinase plasminogen activator surface receptor (uPAR), as well as promotion of homotypic cell-cell adhesion by stabilizing interactions between E-cadherin and β-catenin (7-9).
- Tsai, Y.C. and Weissman, A.M. (2011) FEBS Lett 585, 3166-73.
- Imai, T. et al. (1992) J Immunol 149, 2879-86.
- Dong, J.T. et al. (1995) Science 268, 884-6.
- Liu, F.S. et al. (2003) Clin Cancer Res 9, 1393-8.
- Yang, X. et al. (2001) Cancer Res 61, 5284-8.
- Lombardi, D.P. et al. (1999) Cancer Res 59, 5724-31.
- Sridhar, S.C. and Miranti, C.K. (2006) Oncogene 25, 2367-78.
- Bass, R. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 14811-8.
- Abe, M. et al. (2008) Cancer Lett 266, 163-70.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.