Product Pathways - Metabolism
Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Antibody #8866
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||58||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) catalyses the first and rate-limiting step of the pentose phosphate pathway (1). The NADPH generated from this reaction is essential to protect cells from oxidative stress (1). Recent studies have shown that p53 interacts with G6PD and inhibits its activity, therefore suppressing glucose consumption through the pentose phosphate pathway (2). In cancer cells with p53 mutations, the increased glucose consumption is directed towards increased biosynthesis, which is critical for cancer cell proliferation (2).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5557 Succinyl-CoA Synthetase Antibody
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 3886 Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 3106 PKM1/2 (C5E6) Rabbit mAb
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 3827 Phospho-PKM2 (Tyr105) Antibody
- 5174 GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.