Product Pathways - Development
TEAD2 Antibody #8870
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TEAD2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total TEAD2 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other TEAD family member proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human TEAD2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Hippo pathway is an important evolutionarily conserved signaling pathway that controls organ size and tumor suppression by inhibiting cell proliferation and promoting apoptosis (1,2). An integral function of the Hippo pathway is to repress the activity of Yes-associated protein (YAP), a proposed oncogene whose activity is regulated by phosphorylation and subcellular localization (3,4). When the Hippo pathway is turned off, YAP is phosphorylated and translocates to the nucleus where it associates with various transcription factors including members of the transcriptional enhancer factor (TEF) family, also known as the TEA domain (TEAD) family (TEAD1-4) (5,6). Although widely expressed in tissues, the TEAD family proteins have specific tissue and developmental distributions. YAP/TEAD complexes regulate the expression of genes involved in cell proliferation and apoptosis (5).
- Pan, D. (2010) Dev Cell 19, 491-505.
- Harvey, K.F. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 457-67.
- Zhao, B. et al. (2010) Genes Dev 24, 862-74.
- Zhao, B. et al. (2008) Curr Opin Cell Biol 20, 638-46.
- Zhao, B. et al. (2008) Genes Dev 22, 1962-71.
- Zhao, B. et al. (2007) Genes Dev 21, 2747-61.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8526 TEAD1 Antibody
- 4912 YAP Antibody
- 4883 TAZ (V386) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.